Missing teeth can rob you of your beautiful smile and make you feel too self-conscious about your appearance. It also hinders your oral functionality as the way you bite and chew food also takes a hit. Hence, it is best to get this oral condition treated at the earliest so that you can return to your regular lifestyle.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are one of the most sought-after teeth replacement solutions that have an impressively long lifespan. They are titanium studs implanted into the jawbone in place of the missing teeth, thereby serving as artificial tooth roots for the prosthetic teeth. Since they are placed in the jawbone just like natural teeth, they offer various advantages over their counterparts, like bridges or dentures.
What Are the Benefits of Implants?
- Dental implants restore your ability to bite and chew food and also bring back your phonetics.
- They fill the void created by a missing tooth, thereby keeping the nearby adjoining teeth from drifting from their places.
- Implants have screw-like grooves on their surface, which hold the jawbone intact and keep it from deteriorating.
- Dental implants are one of the longest-lasting restorations.
- The prosthetic dental crown attached to the implant can be customized as required to mimic the appearance of the remaining natural teeth, thereby allowing you to smile with confidence.
How Is the Procedure Carried Out?
When you visit us to get your missing tooth restored, we will thoroughly diagnose you and determine your suitability for implants. Dental implants mainly require sufficient jawbone volume and optimum oral and overall health. Once confirmed, we will draw out a suitable treatment plan.
Initially, we will take X-rays and scans of the mouth and use the same to determine the position of the implants. After administering local anesthesia, we will make a small incision on the gums to expose the bone underneath. A tiny hole will be made in it, and the implant will be inserted. We will secure it firmly using dental adhesives and prescribe a suitable healing period.
Once the bone integrates with the implant, which could take a few weeks, we will take impressions of the mouth to fabricate the ceramic crown. Once done, we will place a connecting abutment on the implant and attach the crown to it. A bite test will be taken to ensure optimum fit. We will also provide suitable aftercare instructions.
For information on our dental services at Elite Dental in West St. Paul, MN, call (952) 432-1716 or book an appointment online. You can also visit us at 1525 Livingston Ave, Suite B, West St. Paul, MN 55118.